March 5, 2011, Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Embassy Suites, San Rafael
The Marin Women’s Commission is hosting a Marin Teen Girl Conference, for girls ages 13 to 18. Attendees will come from all middle and high schools in Marin.
The conference will kick off with Keynote Speaker Jess Weiner, a columnist for Seventeen Magazine and a Global Ambassador for the Dove Self-Esteem Fund.
Workshop and break-out sessions will be offered with experienced facilitators and presenters on a variety of topics including:
- Too Stressed to Think? — How To Deal With Being Stressed
- Real Friends vs. the Other Kind In Your Social Life, What Are Your Standards?
- Sex Smarts — Everything That Has To Do With Sex
- The Modern Relationship–The Teen Relationship Bill of Rights
- Prepare and Beware — Be Smart, Don’t Start
- Family Feud — Communicate and Negotiate
- Over It! — Eating Disorders, Self Image
- The Inner War — Depression
The conference will also feature a Teen Exhibit Mall with information and resources from businesses and local service providers.
For more information, to register, or to join as a sponsor, visit: www.MarinTeenGirl.org